This was Patricia Lake on Monday 5th of December. The ice is about 1/2 inch (1.27cm) thick and was checked scientifically by our @alpineart guy of @jasperweddings transport service. After stepping on to the ice, needless to say, it was not thick enough to support any weight just yet.
The lake looks hopeful for the end of this week, the nights are dropping to the minus 20 range, and if the snow holds off, the ice will be very smooth.
This is a warning to those who want to explore areas that are not ready for any activities on lakes. The crack shot off across the lake in mere seconds when the ice broke through along the bank.
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Snowfarmers ( Snowmobile Reports )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- My Jasper Nanny ( Childcare Services )
- Mike Gere Photo ( Photographer )