Explore and be surprised
A hike and a bike is where this story goes, the title Mystery Canyon is not entirely correct as I could not find a proper name for this place. We started on bikes with the trailhead starting on the Overlander Trail from sixth bridge. We headed East on the trail and followed the path till the first major drainage. We left the bikes at the drainage and headed towards the canyon.
The hike is fairly steep and hands on, so it is rated scrambling in my books. Bring a nice pair of leather gloves to save your hands. Once reaching the top of the canyon, a hanging valley awaits. Beautiful vistas on the cliffs over the canyon is worth the day trip. More exploration is warranted here at another time.
- (Helicopter Tours Book Direct)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)
- Snowfarmers ( Snowmobile Reports )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Maligne Rafting (Rafting Tours)