Maligne Range with breath taking landscape
Access: South End of Medicine Lake
Parking: Pull out on the right side (south bound) of Maligne Lake Road
The photos describes this exploratory trip to the infamous natural arch. It is not actually well known to the locals, but the climbing niche is, it is one of their favorites. The climb does not need ropes, so it is rated a scramble, unless you really want to get to the top of the arch itself. A really nice durable pair of gloves is highly recommended.
Steep and rugged terrain is what we found and trail not too apparent as not much traffic ventures this area. Trail is dry, so you will need water if you hike this on a hot day. This was about 8 hours round trip. Highly recommend a mountain guide for this adventure.
Thanks to Mike and Rob for the hike.
- Pure Outdoors ( snowsports/watersports rentals )
- Jasper Riding Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry ( Backcountry Cabins )
- Tonquin Adventures ( Backcountry Cabins )
- Rocking K Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Edge Control ( Ski & Outdoor Store )
- Maligne Rafting Adventures ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company ( Rafting Tours )
- Rocky Mountain River Guides ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Raft Tours ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Rocky Mountain Fishing Adventures ( Fishing Guide )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle ( Fishing Guides )
- Run Jasper ( Running )