With cold temperatures and low snow fall, the lake ice is now perfect for skating, at least Patricia Lake. A handful of good local samaritans armed with shovels, they cleared a hockey rink and a loop path on the lake.
The temperature might be cold, but it is still great to get out and enjoy the fantastic views from the lake. If you want to warm up fast, bring a shovel and help maintain and widen the loop! Plenty of lake to play on.
Last week, we tested the lake and it was thin, this week, it is now good to go! You can even practice your fat biking for the upcoming Jasper in January event. There is snow just enough for grip where it has not been cleared.
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- Jasper Riding Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Rocking K Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Edge Control ( Ski & Outdoor Store )
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” ( Snowmobile Guide )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle ( Fishing & Outdoor Store )
- Run Jasper ( Running )
- My Jasper Nanny ( Nanny services & Pets Services )
- Mica Mountain Lodge (ATV Tours )
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the Jasper National Park boundary)