You start this trail just across the Maligne Canyon Hostel facing south east. Find the trail close to the drainage that leads you uphill. You will be in the trees for the most of this trip. When you get higher in elevation, you will come across a old burn area.
This hike takes a full day to complete. So give yourself 8hrs and then some RnR the next day.
After treeline, you will have to do a little bit of scrambling to reach the summit. This is where, everyone wonders if they are on the forehead or on the nose. Try to guess yourself and tell me. There is a little cave that can fit two if the weather gets bad.
This Mountain is also called OLD MAN MOUNTAIN. Sometimes I wonder if it was named because the shape of the face when you look at it from the valley or because we are getting old and climbing this mountain is for us.
Access: Hwy 16, head North East, cross Moberly bridge, head towards Maligne Canyon
Parking: At Maligne Canyon Parking
Trailhead: Little pass the Maligne hostel couple hundred meters
Activities: Sights / Climbing / Scrambling / Hiking
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Jasper Riding Stables (Pyramid Location, Horseback Tours)
- Jasper Park Stables Fairmont (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- Jasper Motorcycle Tours ( Tours and Rental )
- My Jasper Nanny ( Childcare Services )
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” (Horse Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Maligne Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)