Not too often this lake gets a smooth surface to skate on. With the hoar frost on the lake, it looks like you cannot skate, but the hoar frost just crumbles when you glide through them. It is really a fun new experience to try out.
As mentioned on our other skating blogs, please be aware the lake ice needs caution when you encounter thin and open water. Do this at your own risk. Studies says that a minimum of 4 inches of ice is needed to support a person. Have fun out there, enjoy and explore the lake.
- Pyramid Lake Resort (Lodging and Skating on the Lake)
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (Lodging and Skating on Lake Mildred)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)