RV series two
Traveling in the off season, is not the best time to travel if you like to take in all the attractions and activities. Many of the services were closed even the tourist information outlets! Lucky for you, the Jasper info centre does stay open year round.
Jasper is a national park and it is no different though the seasons, campgrounds close, but there is one site (Wapiti winter) open year round, almost. For up to date information about those off season camping. Here is the web link: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ab/jasper/activ/ete-summer/camping/info-camping.aspx
Here is the sad news, when in Jasper, all the RV sites are fee based, unless you don't mind those rest areas along the highway, there are time limits on how long you can rest for. If it is just for a couple of hours, nobody in their right mind will give you a hassle on taking a rest and park. It is definitely safer for you and me both.
When in town, there are several large parking lots that can accommodate larger motorhomes and you can park all day FREE and enjoy the town activities, restaurants and shops. Some trailheads do not accommodate RV's like the Edith Cavell road, if you are over 7 meters (23feet), there is a parking lot for those large RVs prior to the 14km (8.6miles) road to Edith Cavell.
What to do when your water tanks are full? Follow us @ExploreJasper for the next RV series coming soon...
#hellobc #myjasper #gorving
- My Jasper Nanny ( Nanny Services )
- Warrior Fitness ( Personal Trainer )
- Pure Outdoors ( Ski Rental Shop )
- Jasper Riding Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- Tonquin Adventures ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- Rocking K Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Edge Control ( Ski & Outdoor Store )
- Maligne Rafting Adventures ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company ( Rafting Tours )
- Rocky Mountain River Guides ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Raft Tours ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Rafting Adventures(Rafting Tours)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” ( Horse Tours )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle ( Fishing Guides )
- Run Jasper ( Running )
- Mica Mountain Lodge(ATV Tours )
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the Jasper National Park boundary)