8.5 km for delicious Mongolian hot pot
When you get invited for dinner in Jasper, You never know where you end up having supper. First, I would like to thank the lovely ladies, Joan, Christine and Sandra for allowing me to crash the Gobi Goddess ski trip into Shangri-la. How can you ever turn down an invitation to spend some quality time with the goddesses and have a special Mongolian hot pot made fresh in the backcountry? You think Jasper Food Tour can put this on their menu?
Shangri-la is maintained by the http://www.malignelakeskiclub.ca and it is a lottery based system, so if you have not already joined the club or enter your name, 2019 season is already full. So another reason to accept invite. It has been awhile since I have re-visited this place.
Why stay at home when nature is calling? Packing for this trip was light as the Gobi Goddesses had packed in all the goodies, again, I thank them for that. At least I did not crowd them for the first night, they got to bond sans male for day one. The trip in was clear blue skies when I started out late on day two, and beautiful temperature to boot. It really made the 8.5 km a magical ski-tour. I did manage to add a couple more blisters, but well worth it.
Explore JasperPlease browse through our other posts about Jasper National Park. Some are recent, but most are suggested highlights of what to do while in Jasper.
facebooktwitterpinterestinstagramThis loop is located at Maligne Lake, you start off the trailhead of Bald Hills, and signage will be prominent so you should not get lost. There are a couple of trails along this route for all types of abilities. On this day we had a...
Taking advantage of great weather and the lifting closure ban of trails from Portal Creek and Astoria River.
Access to this area is open to public for 2018 winter season.
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Astoria Outfitting (Horseback Tours, Backcountry)
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Angela’s Accommodations
- Accommodations in the Rockies
- Bear’s Den
- B & G Accommodations
- Cabin Creek Accommodations
- Roony’s Accommodations
- The Gingerbread House
- The Wall’s
- The Wilgosh's
- Maxwell Lake BnB (Hinton)
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- Beryl Cahill www.berylcahill.com
LODGING WEST IN BC
- Mica Mountain Lodge
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the
Jasper National Park boundary)
- Dreamcatcher Inn
(Located near Valemount Just over an hour west of Jasper)