Exploring areas like this is just what we like about living in Jasper. Snaring river is beside a campground which is closed until summer rolls around.
This campsite is a walk in camp. Park your car and carry your outdoor equipment to your site and set up. Not to worry, it is not a very long walk to the tent pads.
This exploratory trip is not about camping though, it’s about hiking on the river while there is enough ice on the banks to support us up river.
Open water is common along the stretch of the river.
Good flow runs underneath the Ice shelves.
Some narrow shelves, but still passable.
End of the line, the river spans from cliff side to cliff side, end of our tour.
Art, Reg, Heather
- Warrior Fitness ( Personal Trainer )
- Pure Outdoors ( Ski Rental Shop )
- Jasper Riding Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- Tonquin Adventures ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- Rocking K Stables ( Horseback Tours )
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Edge Control ( Ski & Outdoor Store )
- Maligne Rafting Adventures ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company ( Rafting Tours )
- My Jasper Nanny ( Childcare Services )
- Rocky Mountain River Guides ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Raft Tours ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Rafting Adventures(Rafting Tours)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” ( Horse Tours )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle ( Fishing Guides )
- Run Jasper ( Running )
- Mica Mountain Lodge(ATV Tours )
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the Jasper National Park boundary)