Explore Marmot Backside
Back-country is within reach via access from Marmot Basin, ask and register with ski patrol where the access points are.
Traveling back-country requires some knowledge of survival skills.
Ever wondered what is on the backside of Marmot Basin? Here are a couple of photos for you to look at. BEWARE, this is not an area to venture if you do not know the dangers that lie here.
Discover Unlimited Beauty
Access: From Jasper, head South, Hwy 93, turn to Marmot Basin
Trailhead: Marmot Basin Parking
Having said that, we cheated death or serious injuries this day. Testing out the south exposure (Portal Creek Side) was not a good idea as the snow was not stable on this day. We started to go across the bowl and a fracture line shot off about ten feet above us and across the bowl. We spun our skis around and high tailed it back to the ridge. We went down along the ridge on the other side (Whistlers Creek Side) and it was bomber and fun, so we decided to skin up and go for another run in the bowl.
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)