Few summits in the park can match Mount Edith Cavell’s jagged beauty. A small powder blue melt water lake and beautiful Angel Glacier is easily reached by a short self guiding trail at the foot of s the mountain’s north wall.
Or take a tour with one of the links below for a full interpretive tour. The trail winds its way through the mass of boulders, rubble, sand and rock flour formed by the grinding and wearing of the rocks around the glacier tongue.
Another longer trail leads to picturesque Cavell Meadows. Neighboring Dune Wall is a great multi-pitch climbing area. Just up the road is the starting point for the Tonquin Valley trails. The road is open in the summer only.
Winter, the road turns into a ski trail. Spend a few days at Cavell Hostel to enjoy super cross-country ski touring at its maximum.
Access: Hwy 93A – after the South park gates follow signs to Edith Cavell Road.
Trailhead: From Parking Lot
Distance: depends on how far you want to go
Activities: Sightseeing / Hiking / Climbing
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)