The trailhead starts at the same place you would go to for Sulfur Summit, there will be a trail marker that points you to Mystery Lake.
This hike takes you on a beautiful Lake that lies just outside of the Jasper National Park boundary. You can also access this lake via the Cadomin Hwy. (Southwest of Hinton). I do recommend the route taken by Miette Hot Springs.
Take a full day to do this hike as you will encounter a river forge on the Fiddle River and the terrain is up and down. The river crossing we had to do was fairly simple as the water level was quite low. Since it was our first time, Coreen and I had to cross it several times to find the trail marker on the other side. Remember to head downstream between the canyon walls and you will have no problem finding the trail marker.
Have fun playing in the water. Make sure when you do this trip, the water levels are low or you will find you have to forge the streams with a strong current.
After completing this hike, what a better way to relax and unwind at the Hot Springs and enjoy a snack at the Ashlar Ridge Café conveniently located next to the Pool.
Photos shown on this page are just some of the views you will see.
There are no photos of Mystery Lake on this page just so we keep the mystery alive.
Access: Highway 16 then Miette Road south. Approximately 1 hours drive
Trailhead: Short walk behind the Hot Springs
Distance: 12 Kilometers to park boundary, 8-9 km to lake
Activities: Hiking / River Forging
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” (Horse & Snowmobile Tours) Valemount