Along the athabasca river
This trail has a made up name just because we saw a couple of Otters along the banks of Athabasca river. Caution, please know what can happen if the spot you are standing gives way to the frigid glacial waters. We walked mostly on the solid ground along the sides unlike the posed photo above where Alpine Art walked over the Miette River.
Snowshoeing is the best way to get around odd places and find some beautiful vistas. You can find spectacular vistas on uncharted territory. Access to this area is just south of Tekarra Lodge just past the Miette Bridge on hwy 93a, there is a little pull-out and trail marker. Favorite amongst the dog walkers for the rock wall.
Please browse through our other posts about Jasper National Park. Some are recent, but most are suggested highlights of what to do while in Jasper.
Snowshow following some old animal tracks in wildland area of Jasper National Park. Short fun activity for the family.
The Mouse hole is what the locals call this place, obviously this area is only accessible when the conditions are right.
Exploring can be so rewarding even for a local that has lived here for so many years. Snowshoe into a new area, at least new to us.
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Astoria Outfitting (Horseback Tours, Backcountry)
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Angela’s Accommodations
- Accommodations in the Rockies
- Bear’s Den
- B & G Accommodations
- Cabin Creek Accommodations
- Roony’s Accommodations
- The Gingerbread House
- The Wall’s
- The Wilgosh's
- Maxwell Lake BnB (Hinton)
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- Beryl Cahill www.berylcahill.com
LODGING WEST IN BC
- Mica Mountain Lodge
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the
Jasper National Park boundary)
- Dreamcatcher Inn
(Located near Valemount Just over an hour west of Jasper)