Skiing for all levels, the higher you go, the tougher it gets.
Been awhile since I have done this trail, this time we were treated to fresh groom by Parks Canada. The weather was about -22 when we started and it gradually got warmer throughout the day. We pushed past the groom area where they turn around which is 7.5km where the trail splits to the Palisades or Pyramid Mountain Basin.
Ski Touring on Groom Trail
Access: From Jasper, head up to Pyramid Lake road end of road to parking area
Distance: 14km to Basin
Activities: Ski Touring, Cross-country, Fat Bike, Snowshoe.
This trail is good for year round fun for all types of activity. The views are far and few between. There is a lake a few km up the road and several more km’s, a lookout towards Colin and Old Man Mountain. After that, you will see mainly trees until you get to treeline.
The dividing line of Pine Beetle infested trees on the left and green on the right.
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- Beryl Cahill www.berylcahill.com