Pyramid Lake day use area
A winding road leads to Patricia and Pyramid lakes where fishing, picnicking, boating (no gas motors allowed), and hiking are extremely popular. There are bbq fire pits along the south shores of this lake. Day use only, don’t try to camp out there as the resort and Parks Canada will frown upon that. The beach is quite small and the water frigid.
Just past the resort you can walk onto the island where it is quite popular to have wedding photos and ceremonies take place. There are no reservation system in place as of writing this, so if you want to have a ceremony here, it is first come first serve. You can ask your marriage commissioner for advise.
Rental facilities include horse-back riding, canoeing, fishing. Or bring your own water craft, there is a dock there.
Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and ice-skating on Pyramid Lake in the winter make this an ideal location for family fun.
Seasonal and year-round accommodation and dining facilities available.
Access: From town, Pyramid Lake Road
Trailhead: Along the lake, Pyramid Lake Resort
Activities: Hiking / Biking / Canoe / Fishing / Day Use / Sights
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Pyramid Lake Resort (Lodging)
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (Lodging)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Tonquin Valley Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)
Looking for an alternate place to get married? Marriage Commissioner are the choices you are looking for.
- Gloria Kongsrud http://www.weddingsinjasper.com