Scrambling the local backdrop
A little misleading with the word climb, this trip is a multi sport event. Biking the first part is recommended and you will love the downhill when you are done with the summit.
Once you are at the old base of the maintenance gondola, it is time to ditch the bike and start your second phase of the sport, hiking. From here it should take around 2 to 3 hours to summit Pyramid Mountain. about 300-400 meters from the summit, there are some scrambling (light climbing) involved.
The views are stunning from here on. Spend some time on the summit and explore the area and take in the amazing vistas. You will be able to see the lakes below with birds eye view.
It is fun to go as a group, but it does slow down trip times. This trip is usually done after the snow has melted from the north face. Recommend the month of July.
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Jasper Riding Stables (Pyramid Location, Horseback Tours)
- Jasper Park Stables Fairmont (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry ( Horseback, Backcountry Cabins )
- My Jasper Nanny ( Childcare Services )
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” (Horse Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Maligne Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)