Skating Horseshoe Lake
When lakes get frozen, the skates come out and play. Timing for these activities are everything. Cold conditions and freeze thaw temperatures help smooth out the ice surface. These are natural lakes and not maintained by parks or any outfitters, use at your own caution.
~ Warning ~
Ice can be thin in spots even in the coldest temperatures, so caution is advised when ever attempting to venture into these areas.
Access: Highway 93 (Ice Field Parkway) South of Jasper approximately 25 kilometers.
Trailhead: Short walk
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Snowfarmers ( Snowmobile Reports )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)