A ski tour for the memoirs
Access: From Jasper, head South, Hwy 93, 100 km
Trailhead: From Parking Lot
Distance: 20 – 24 km one way
Activities: Sights / Skiing / Camping
A second ski tour to the Columbia Icefield, when I got the call to do this trip, I did not hesitate to say heck ya! The approach to Mt. Kitchener starts at the toe of Athabasca glacier, the same goes for the Snow Dome tour. We took two days to reach the summit of Mt. Kitchener, we built an authentic Igloo for our ultimate winter camping experience.
While we were building the Igloo, an electrical storm halted our progress for what seem like an hour, sitting on non metallic items and feet on our rope to separate us from the ground. It passed us with no issues.
After the night in the Igloo, I happened to be the last one up, luckily I left the Igloo just before it collapsed. The day was inspirational and breathtaking with amazing views 360 degrees worth. We summit Mt. Kitchener with plenty of day light and get some footage before the decent.
Ski Tour 2006
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)