Alpine, Nordic, Backcountry & Snowboarding
A winter playground for all ages. Ski the seemingly unending slopes of Marmot Basin Ski Area, just 20 minutes away from the town of Jasper. Marmot is a great place for all skill levels and because of its location on the eastern slopes of the Rockies, the alpine bowls have the driest natural powder in the Rockies.
Discover Jasper’s Winter Wonderland
Jasper’s elevation is around 1100 metres (3300 feet), and the peak of Marmot Basin is around 2600 metres (8500 feet). Marmot’s base is around 1700 metre (5600 feet).
Jasper is treasured for its unpretentious and uncrowded atmosphere. Over 300 kilometres of trails make Jasper, one of the largest cross-country ski area in Canada. Right from your doorstep, groomed trails take you through scores of beautiful valleys. Backcountry enthusiasts will revel in day-trips and multi-day trips to the Bald Hills or spend a week in the Tonquin Valley as well as many other hut-hopping opportunities all over the park.
- Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (Membership & General Info)
- Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (Membership & General Info)
- Avalanche report ( Jasper Area )
- Canadian Ski Patrol (Ski Patrol System General Info)
- Weather Report ( Environment Canada )