This trail has a made up name due to the fact you really cannot access this without the snow coverage. This is a wildland area where we explore Jasper in a cool way and a great way to spend some outdoor time.
The river was the primary route, but the snow coverage had made the river a hazard due to the fact that the snow creates an insulating layer and starts to draw water from the river and has no real ice shelf to support us. Heading on to solid ground was a way better idea.
Snowshoeing is the best way to get around odd places and find some beautiful vistas. You can find spectacular vistas on uncharted territory. Access to this area is just at the Miette Bridge on hwy 93a, there is a little pull-out. Your starting point can be your finishing point if you backtrack, but we venture one way leaving a shuttle at the finish point where the Athabasca Rivier confluence with Miette.
Please browse through our other posts about Jasper National Park. Some are recent, but most are suggested highlights of what to do while in Jasper.
Easy slow pace adventure for everyone.
The Mouse hole is what the locals call this place, obviously this area is only accessible when the conditions are right.
Exploring can be so rewarding even for a local that has lived here for so many years. Snowshoe into a new area, at least new to us.
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Angela’s Accommodations
- Accommodations in the Rockies
- Bear’s Den
- B & G Accommodations
- Cabin Creek Accommodations
- Roony’s Accommodations
- The Gingerbread House
- The Wall’s
- The Wilgosh's
- Maxwell Lake BnB (Hinton)
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)
LODGING WEST IN BC
- Mica Mountain Lodge
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the
Jasper National Park boundary)
- Dreamcatcher Inn
(Located near Valemount Just over an hour west of Jasper)