14 km loop for everyone to enjoy
This loop is located at Maligne Lake, you start off the trailhead of Bald Hills, and signage will be prominent so you should not get lost. There are a couple of trails along this route for all types of abilities. On this day we had a broken trail by snowshoers and skiers, it made my cross country skis doable, normally I recommend light touring gear for this trail if you choose to go for the harder loop ( Trapper Creek ), a good elevation gain pass the Moose Lake Loop.
We went down the first creek that was broken with one skier before us, lots of open water which made this an adventure. I did get my socks wet but luckily did not break through.
Please browse through our other posts about Jasper National Park. Some are recent, but most are suggested highlights of what to do while in Jasper.
Bald Hills, short winter season due to closures. March 1st, 2018 is the opening day for access.
Short ski tour for a fun half day activity.
Back country hut Shangri-la A back country cabin nestled in a valley along the skyline trail. A locals favorite hideaway cabin that holds 4 persons comfortably, 6 if you want to get cozy. To stay in this place, you must register though the local ski club. The...
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Angela’s Accommodations
- Accommodations in the Rockies
- Bear’s Den
- B & G Accommodations
- Cabin Creek Accommodations
- Roony’s Accommodations
- The Gingerbread House
- The Wall’s
- The Wilgosh's
- Maxwell Lake BnB (Hinton)
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)
LODGING WEST IN BC
- Mica Mountain Lodge
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the
Jasper National Park boundary)
- Dreamcatcher Inn
(Located near Valemount Just over an hour west of Jasper)