The headwater comes from the Columbia Glacier about 70 kilometers south. Among the most powerful and breathtaking falls in the Rocky Mountains, The Athabasca River thunders through a narrow gorge where the walls have been smoothed and potholes are created by the sheer force of the rushing water carrying sand and rock. Parking and restroom facilities. paved trail and picnic sites available.
In the winter there are track-set cross-country skiing trail nearby. In the summer this is also a starting point for whitewater rafting which takes you down some scenic sights only accessible by water craft. Check out the sponsors below and take in the adventure that awaits you.
Access: Highway 93 (Ice Field Parkway) South of Jasper approximately 30 kilometers.
Trailhead: Short walk
- Jasper Motorcycle Tours ( Tours and Rental ) new listing
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Edge Control ( Ski & Outdoor Store )
- On-Line Sport & Tackle ( Fishing Guides )
- Maligne Rafting Adventures ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company ( Rafting Tours )
- Rocky Mountain River Guides ( Rafting Tours )
- Jasper Raft Tours ( Rafting Tours )