Exploring new area is one of these places. It has been around for awhile, but we had never ventured into this area before. Even though thousands of visitors travel through the Columbia Icefield, this ice cave has not seen many of those visitors. Due to the seasons, it is very difficult to get to in the summer months, plus it is also dangerous when ice melts.
Athabasca glacier can be access by Ice Explorers in the summer months. There is also an outfit that offers hikes onto the glacier, but not to this cave due to the dangers that lurk.
Use caution to explore this area. Do not venture too deep into the cave due to crevasses with in the cave itself. Proper tools to venture deeper is recommended.
Access: Highway 93 south, approx. 105km from Jasper
Trailhead: at base of glacier where the summer platform ends
Activities: Sightseeing, Tour, Skiing, Snowshoe, Hiking
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)