Explore JasperHidden Cove
The conditions in early February at Maligne Lake was quite horrid. To introduce cross-country skiing to a friend was cruel on this trip. Not sure how the conditions are right now, so let us know by commenting below.
A little trip to the fairly new “Hidden Cove” camp/rest area on Maligne lake was achieved by cross country ski on crusty, wind swept and icy conditions, nevertheless it was still a great day to go out and get some fresh air. This camp area has a shelter, four tent spots and equipped with bear proof lockers. We suspect this is going to be a busy campsite since it is only 4km from the Maligne docks.
Just starting out on cross-country skiing, this day was not the best conditions to learn on. we will have to try again.
note: Bald Hills access will be opening soon at the end of February and dogs are prohibited, so no more exercising your pet there, you’ll have to leave them home. There is a dog sitting service in Jasper, will list link below.
Summit Lakes, a 6km journey from the trailhead of Jacques Lake. This day was travelled by cross country skis.
Call parks office for updated trail reports.
Track set on a trail towards Pyramid This would be a medium level due to the inclines this track has to offer. It is not a stack loop system, in and out the same road. See how far you want to go and turn around when you are good and ready. 2008 RELATED LINKS My...
Tour Outfitters LINKS
- Wild Current Outfitters (Rafting & Canoe Adventures)
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours (Guided Eco Tours)
- Maligne Rafting Adventures (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Rafting Adventures (Rafting & Wildlife Tours)
- Jasper Adventure Centre (Guided Tours)
- Jasper Riding Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Rocking K Stables (Horseback Tours)
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Borderline “Snowfarmers” (Horse & Snowmobile Tours) Valemount
- Angela’s Accommodations
- Accommodations in the Rockies
- Bear’s Den
- B & G Accommodations
- Cabin Creek Accommodations
- Roony’s Accommodations
- The Gingerbread House
- The Wall’s
- The Wilgosh’s
- Maxwell Lake BnB (Hinton)
Shops & Services LINKS
- My Jasper Nanny (Childcare & Dog Sitting Services)
- My Jasper Massage (Massage & Holistic Nutrition)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Pure Outdoors (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Jasper Freewheel Cycle (Bike & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides & Outdoor Store)
- Run Jasper (Running Activitity)
- A Different Angle Photography (Photographers)
- Tekarra Color Lab (Photography & Services)
- Weddings Jasper (Wedding Services Listing)
- Jasper Park Chamber (Jasper Chamber of Commerce)
- The Jasper Local (Newspaper)
LODGING WEST IN BC
- Mica Mountain Lodge
(Located near Mount Robson, half an hour to the
Jasper National Park boundary)
- Dreamcatcher Inn
(Located near Valemount Just over an hour west of Jasper)
Lodging East of Jasper
- Overlander Mountain Lodge (Located at the edge of Jasper National Park, on Highway 16)