Cliff jumping is best done on a hot day. A lake shaped like a horseshoe with surrounding cliffs, the highest jump point is said to be 80 feet. At approximately twenty-five feet high, it was pretty scary for me already. I would not recommend these jumps for the timid. Be sure to have a spotter, so that if you did not land proper or freeze up in the frigid waters, at least you got someone to save you.
Horseshoe lake is one of the deepest lakes in Jasper. Other activities like Scuba diving, Swimming and Fishing are available here. Check with your local outdoor stores to see if boats are available to rent.
~ Warning ~
This type of sport is dangerous and should not be attempted without supervision.
Access: Highway 93 (Ice Field Parkway) South of Jasper approximately 25 kilometers.
Trailhead: Short walk
Activities: Scuba Diving, Fishing, Swimming, and Cliff Jumping
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- Snowfarmers ( Snowmobile Reports )
- Jasper’s Whitewater Rafting Company (Rafting Tours)
- Rocky Mountain River Guides (Rafting Tours)
- Jasper Raft Tours (Rafting Tours)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)