The conditions in early February at Maligne Lake was quite horrid. To introduce cross-country skiing to a friend was cruel on this trip. Not sure how the conditions are right now, so let us know by commenting below.
A little trip to the fairly new “Hidden Cove” camp/rest area on Maligne lake was achieved by cross country ski on crusty, wind swept and icy conditions, nevertheless it was still a great day to go out and get some fresh air. This camp area has a shelter, four tent spots and equipped with bear proof lockers. We suspect this is going to be a busy campsite since it is only 4km from the Maligne docks.
Just starting out on cross-country skiing, this day was not the best conditions to learn on. we will have to try again.
note: Bald Hills access will be opening soon at the end of February and dogs are prohibited, so no more exercising your pet there, you’ll have to leave them home. There is a dog sitting service in Jasper, will list link below.
- Alpine Art Eco-Tours ( Guided Eco Tours )
- Jasper Adventure Centre ( Guided Tours )
- Tonquin Valley Backcountry (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Tonquin Adventures (Horseback, Backcountry Cabins)
- Edge Control (Ski & Outdoor Store)
- On-Line Sport & Tackle (Fishing Guides)
- Pure Outdoors (snowsports/watersports rentals)
- My Jasper Nanny ( Childcare/Dog Sitting Services )
- Mike Gere Photo ( Photographer )